Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Check

Thursday 2 June 2011

White Chocolate & Raspberry Pudding

This blog has moved to http://multiculturalmelbourne.com/



Multicultural Inspiration from... the world of baking!


On the back of my bread success, I decided to give another Good Taste Cook The Issue recipe a whirl! Aside from satisfying my competitive appetite with another entry into the competition, it just gives me another chance to cook. And the more time I get to spend in the kitchen, the better!

This recipe initially caught my eye for two reasons: i. white chocolate, and ii. raspberries. Two of my favourites. I need no other reasons, my arm has been twisted, and off I traipse to the supermarket to pick up some raspberries and white chocolate!

To get this delicious White Chocolate and Raspberry Self-Saucing Pudding from June's Good Taste happening, you'll need:
  •  1 1/4 cups self-raising flour
  •  2/3 cup caster sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 70g butter, melted
  • 1 egg
  • 100g white chocolate, coarsely grated
  • 1 cup frozen raspberries
  • 1 1/4 cups lemonade
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • Icing sugar to dust (optional)

First, preheat the oven to 180°C.

Sift the flour into a large bowl.

Reserve 2 tbsp of the sugar, and stir the rest into the bowl of flour.


Whisk the butter, milk and egg in a jug until combined, then add to the flour mixture, stirring until combined.


Fold in the chocolate and raspberries.


Spoon the mixture into a 2Lt (8 cup) capacity baking dish. In this case, I divided my mixture between 4 2 cup capacity dishes, as we didn't want to share! Once the mixture is in, flatten out with the back of a spoon.

Sprinkle the reserved sugar over the top. Then, combine the lemonade and vanilla in a jug, and pour it over the back of a spoon onto the pudding.

Bake for 50 - 55 minutes, or until a skewer inserted half way comes out clean. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool and tuck in!

Now, the glossy magazine picture depicted a smooth, white, gooey inside - the self-saucing aspect the title of the recipe boasted. Mine however...

Ok, so they didn't self-sauce. But you know what? I actually prefer my puddings that way! It was surprisingly crunchy on top (thanks to the lemonade and sugar combo), and beautifully soft and fluffy inside, with the super sweetness of the white chocolate coming through in little chunks every few bites. Short and sweet, I know, but worth every bite! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment